Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Friday, February 12, 2010

And sometimes we travel

After "fairing the bise" to Aix on a "fievre-esque" Friday night (does anyone get this except three or four people), we "classically" say goodbye as we venture off into Spain. We have no idea what we're doing yet so we're depending on our 8 hour bus ride to make the official plans and spill all of our secrets. That is so what bus rides are for. Middle school field trip to the planetarium anyone? Is that spelling correct?

Apparently Caroline overheard our directrice saying how "8 girls going to Spain is so touristy and not French," but sometimes she forgets that we are American, and not French. And to be fair, I don't think we'd want it any other way. I think one of the funniest things of the night was walking home and then running into Lisa again because she only knows how to get home from one direction. Classic. Lisa. Also Ben wanted to know that if in R.Kelly's "Ignition," it's really a pick-up line to American girls to say "The way you do the things you do, remind me of my lexus coup."

One last dark chocolate crepe before the bus ride.

G-d I love studying abroad. PS, Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold" is another universal language.


1 comment:

  1. how was spain?!?!?!!? ugh i miss u so much. decided to stalk your pics now :)

    ReplyDelete