Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Final Countdown

4 days. I leave in 4 days.

I am currently packing instead of studying for two finals on Friday, and I remember blogging when I was packing to go TO Aix. I actually may need to buy another suitcase, but I think I should be okay. A lot of my suitcase is filled with gifts I got for apparently everyone and their mother. Do you think I can bring herbs on the plane? Or is that something you need to check? I got SO MUCH chocolate because I feel like it's really hard to shop for guy friends in the South of France. Unfortunately, packing made me so stressed I ate one. So that means someone is getting one less chocolate bar.

Bittersweet feelings. So so so bittersweet. I love it here and I love the niche I've found, but there are so many things. I miss New York. I miss my friends. More than that, I miss my family a lot a lot. I wish I could be home to see my brother transition into being a college freshman. I've always been incredibly close with my family, especially my brother, and I never realized how lucky I was to go to college so close to home. I also miss performing. I miss Americans, as well. Take that last one as you will.

Meanwhile, Lisa's birthday was yesterday and it was epictastic.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hug you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES i am so on the same page with all of this. Sad and simultaneously SO READY/excited. Safe travels, keep your fingers crossed that no more volcanoes will erupt!

    ReplyDelete