Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lazy Thursday, if you will


Today we went to Cassis and the Calanques, two of the most beautiful areas in the South of France. Chasty's language partner, Guillaume, was awesome enough to take us, the day was incredible and I felt so French. We had to climb all of these mountains and rocks that were all facing the Med Sea. Eventually we hiked down and put our stuff down in this little beach/rock area that hit the water. The med is so clear and blue and amazing.

After a nice dip in the water, we even jumped off cliffs!! I was terrified. I couldn't believe all of the little boys that were so reckless... it made me wonder if I was ever that reckless as a child. Probably not.

And if we didn't feel French enough, we had a picnic on the rocks with wine, baguette, cheese, chocolate, apples, etc... basically, the gang was all there. To the right is where we were.

Got a nice little color! I plan on stepping off the plane into America with a French glow if that's possible.

ALSO the Spectacle yesterday actually went surprisingly well! So well, that our director cried. It was... surprising. She also gave us too much wine beforehand. Thanks Lilli. I guess it's pretty cool that we put on a theatre piece in French.

This gem of a picture is Caroline and I in art class.

No comments:

Post a Comment