Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ode to Packing

So the only bringing "one suitcase" thing is quite baffling to me.

4 months + 1 suitcase = frustrating. Let me get this straight: every study abroad program expects you to rotate between about 4 pairs of pants and 10-12 shirts, respectively (give or take an occasional dress or Americanized going out top). If I were going to a reservation, this would be fine. But I'm going to Europe, a mecca of fashion. I guess this will be another learning experience... which I think I'll truly appreciate almost as much as I do waking up to a morning of Community Food and Juice's Veggie Scramble. For those of you who don't know the reference, this is a lot of appreciation.

Frankly, I spend too much time wondering what I'll wear the next day (see: sophomore year in high school outfit choices). Limiting my options may give my brain a break. However, since I got to college my outfits are simply a rotation of leggings and scarfs.

Also, here's my apology to my leggings: can't bring you to France. love you always.

4 comments:

  1. mon chere i'm pretty sure the french are naked all the time anyway. you'll also find that you shop (a LOT) when you're abroad so you can find yourself some chic clothes there and just buy an extra suitcase for them when you return home (god, i miss you already)

    also--took the c train this morning and you're right. it's the shittiest box on wheels under manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO LEGGINGS? WHAT? does that mean that you also have to leave that fantastic shirt i made you at home? can you at least take millie?

    i miss you already. i can't believe you leave tomorrow. next year, we will make baby burgers all the time. and graham will watch us while he eats chipotle. oooo let's go camping when you come home!

    have a fantastic time--i will await your return in leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmm jill we went over this! leggings don't weigh anything. take out the jeans. or sweaters. or even the leather jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with morgan... no leggings? i'm surprised because the last time i watched you do laundry you asked me to put about 85% of the clean load in your leggings bin. bon chance! keep updating, i miss you!

    ReplyDelete