Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Reason

No, not like the "popular" Hoobastank song of about... 2005?

"The Reason" I've decided to start this blog is... well... ACTUALLY "you" (thanks Hoobastank. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then god bless you). Between my Long Island friends, college friends, and family, I figured having a blog would be the best way to communicate with everyone. Rather than copying and pasting the same emails from person to person, I figured this was a more honest way to do so. OF COURSE personal communication will come your way as well (depending on who you are), but this is a more general way of saying "i love you enough that i am willing to conform and start a blog." I actually never thought I'd have a blog. I also never thought I'd have a pair of UGGS, which I bought for the first time 3 days ago.

I leave for Aix-en-Provence in 5 days which is exciting, while making me incredibly nervous. It's crazy to think I've been taking French for ten years. While the days of Madame Baral in my 6th grade French class are now fond memories, I could never have anticipated that those elementary teachings would lead me to the experience I am about to embark upon.

I discovered that at the AUCP (aucp.org) I am taking 5 classes TBD in France (which I've essentially picked out), I will have a language partner for 2 hours a week (preferably a green eyed french man named Jacques), I will need to do community service each weekend (senior citizens? children? pottery?), and lastly, I am required to join a club (chorus. wine tasting. the like). I am so excited that my program has all of these aspects attached to it. I have yet to know my host family. Mom and Dad are freaking out about this, naturally.

A tout a l'heure!! (where are the accents on blogspot?)

No comments:

Post a Comment