Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

TIK TOK

"Ain't got a care in the world, but..." I do.

I leave tomorrow which does not even seem like a real thing. I'm so ecstatic!! My flight's at 9 pm from JFK (I think), and arrives in Frankfurt at 10 am. After my 5 hour layover in Frankfurt, in which Yonatan suggests I eat bratwurst the whole time, I leave at 4 pm and arrive at the Marseille airport at 6:15 pm. In Marseille, I will finally meet my host mom!! She seems lovely after our 10 minute phone conversation, and while I googled her, I didn't find much except the fact that she may be a bookseller. Luckily, this means I can finally surface all of my knowledge of Madame Bovary. She also lives a lovely 8 minute walk to the AUCP.

My last night home will be as American as possible. And by that, I mean chinese food and the 2 hour episode of the Jersey Shore that will be on tonight.

I'm so excited to get on my flight to start the book I plan to read. This fine piece is literature is none other than "The Last Song," the Nicholas Sparks book that was made into a movie starring Miley Cyrus. I hope that as I read this, the Germans and the French will approach me and I can truly see how worldwide the Miley Cyrus phenomenon is. That, and I just want to read it.

Hopefully I can write quelque chose ("something" in French) when I arrive in the Frankfurt airport! If not, I'll update as soon as I can in France! Should I arrive to the airport wearing the fantastic beret Emily and Alex gave me?

France, I am on my way.

3 comments:

  1. ah! so exciting! also, my last dinner at home was chinese food too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my last meal was mcdonalds. typical me.

    in other news: YES wear the beret!!!!!!
    safe flight schmoopie!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that even a question? Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete