Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fan2

Fan2 is the name of the French magazine I bought today, which is essentially the J-14 of France. With Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber on the cover, I rationalized buying it because my level of french is probably comparable to that of a teenage girl.

I get really excited as Thursday approaches for two reasons. The first being, that it's Thursday. The second, that it's the day of my choir which I love. I would say about 90% of the choral singers are 60+ and they are hilarious. The Soprano 2's have more sass than you would imagine, so luckily that's my vocal part. After my chorus days of middle/high school, I never thought I would do a choir again. However, each week as I walk to my new choir, I have fond memories of performing "Got to Get You Into My Life" (and 2 and 3 and 4 and), "America" from West Side Story, "Cherish," and "My Sha-la-la-la-locker's Stuck."

Today my mother sent me a delicious package of passover goodies. To name a few: mini chocolate covered matzahs, chocolate covered matzah, matzah, jellies candies, matzah ball soup mix, KEDEM'S GRAPE JUICE (A MILLION TIMES YES), macaroons, and a series of haggadah's. There are a few Jews here at AUCP, so I think we're going to try to have a Passover seder. Non-Jews want to come too... and what's a Schackner passover seder without the respective non-Jew each season? I don't know how I'll be able to do it in French, but I could try to communicate the other French way like with copious amounts of food.

1 comment:

  1. hahaah when i was in spain i bought intouch en espanol and it was totally at my reading level. such fond memories of my sha la la la lockers stuck. ill always envy carlin cornetta for having the lead and myself as the understudy. ugh

    going home to the hills tmrw and im gonna miss you!! currently cutting class to finish a paper oops. <3

    ReplyDelete