Giving Aix-en-Provence a Big Hug

simply put, my adventures: good, bad, new, french, exciting, terrifying, enlightening... whatever they may be
My photo
New York, and currently France
I'm a junior and a music major at Barnard College spending the Spring 2010 semester abroad in Aix-en-Provence at the AUCP (American University Center of Provence). I can't wait to share everything that I experience! However, regular updating is contingent on my internet availability...

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Passover!!!

I just gave an adorable little passover seder during lunch time.

We read the plagues, but instead of dipping our finger in wine each time we read a plague, we drank un petit gout of wine. Jews and Non-Jews came and everyone got a taste of Schackner Passover culture! I passed around the afikoman cover, and I had everyone analyze the picture. After each person analyzed the afikoman cover, they got a piece of candy! When I hid the afikoman, everyone went bananas and it was great. I had everyone contribute a little bit, and the winner, Sarah, won 5 euros!

I also questioned, "Why is this night different from any other nights?" and not many people knew, especially because we did the seder during lunch time. Nonetheless, everyone broke Matzah and got a little tipsy before their afternoon classes. I would say it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment